CNC Machine Operator Junior/Trainee
Our client is a highly regarded private company and a recognised leader in the Australian steel fabrication and construction industry. We are now currently seeking CNC Machine Operator Juniors for their workshop based in Naval Base.
Due to company growth we are seeking experienced Metal Trade Assistants looking to grow/develop their career into the CNC Machine Operating space.To be successful you must display:
In return you will be offered:
- Extensive previous experience with the metal trades industry-Previous experience with oxy and/or plasma-Overhead crane experience
- Display a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Available to work overtime as/when required including weekends
Our Machine operators are responsible for:
- Ongoing work
- Training in CNC Machines and various other machines including;
- Bandsaw, Beamline, Press & roller and Profile cutter-Opportunity to advance your career and learn this niche trade-Local work with overtime hours on offer
Operating CNC Machines: Safely operate CNC machines for cutting, drilling and pressing components for steel fabrication:
- Correct set-up and operation
- Correct tool selection & maintenance
- Correct use of cutting oil
- Correct use of guards & safety devices
Housekeeping: Work area to be kept clean and tidy;
- Swarf removed (if applicable)
- Floor tidy and free of tripping hazards
- Cut steel stored correctly
- Scrap steel removed to proper bin
Moving Loads: Safe use of appropriate lifting equipment:
- Overhead cranes (if competent)
- Chains & slings
- Lifting shoes
If you believe you have the required experience for the above-listed role, then please to apply via the apply link.
Note: Sure People Solutions PTY LTD is an equal opportunity employer, and encourage people of all backgrounds and cultures to apply.
Please ensure your resume is submitted in word format, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Sure People Solutions are a leader in innovative practices for specialist industries. By applying for this job you give consent for Sure People Solutions to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and services.
All SPS staff undergo fitness for work & pre-start random drug assessment
We thank you for your time & look forward to reviewing your application