- Temp to Perm opportunity
- Hourly rate + Penalties
- Expanding company
- ASAP Start
On behalf of our client, Sure People Solutions are seeking applicants for this very exciting role.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will be responsible for providing the day to day planning and execution of workshop machining and general fitting activities in a safe and efficient and cost effective manner. The successful candidates will have an appropriate Machining Trade qualification with proven experience and be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes and skills:
- Competency on all aspects of general & precision machining on the full range of manual machine tools with additional skills in Cylindrical Grinding seen as desirable
- Competent with both heavy and light machining activities
- Strong commitment to quality of workman ship
- Be a confident team builder and team player and assist with machining staff personnel issues as and when required
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer satisfaction through quality and timely completion of all machining g tasks
- Ability to liaise directly with Customers, interpret and understand technical requirements
- Ensuring all machining activities are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Identify and report potential safety hazards and take appropriate actions
- The achievement of targets in the areas of safety, environment, quality and production thereby ensuring the continuing viability of naval repair projects.
Additional experience in other mechanical workshop based activities such as the overhaul of rotating equipment and or dynamic balancing would be seen as highly desirable.
Preferred applicants will possess a commitment to work as a team player, be adaptable to a changing environment, able to effectively liase at all levels and across functional boundaries, have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and be prepared to work overtime when required.
All applicants to be Australian Permanent Residents.
Sure People Solutions are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage all suitably qualified candidates to apply.