Our client is a global market leader of solutions in measuring and process technologies in industrial weighing, feeding, screening and automation. An International Engineering and Manufacturing Company servicing the Mining & Resources sectors.
This is a 6 month contract will the potential of extension.
We are recruiting for an experienced Purchasing assistant to work in the Henderson office, primary purpose:
- Purchasing experience preferably project based experience in a mining environment preferable
- Experience and proficiency working with ERP systems (Detailed SAP experience, SAP, MRP, MRO, Non-automated SAP system and Heavy Transactional background).
- Good analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels including colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Solution focused and proven ability to effectively prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to effectively prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously or part of a team and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications and high level of skill in Excel
- Expediting experience is highly desirable.
Key selection criteria:
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a mining environment
- Current manual sub-system SAP buying experience within purchasing function is essential
- Project based purchasing experience preferably within a mining environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to develop and deploy solutions
- Ability to work autonomously or part of a time and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Solution focused and proven ability to effectively prioritise volume of work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels including colleagues, suppliers and customer
- Able to run ERP system based MRP systems
- Able to compile and organise data/publish data and reports in Microsoft suite particularly Excel
- High level of Microsoft Excel
This is a casual temp position working within small well knit teams reporting to the National Purchasing Manager. All applicants must have a positive can do attitude. On offer is an attractive remuneration package and progressive career opportunities.
Applicants please forward your resume in Word format only.