As a key role within the company, this position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of efficiency and productivity across our workshop locations, and will deliver this through effective day to day management, strong personnel management, a steadfast focus on the delivery of quality products, and a passion to take ownership in order to deliver the best outcomes for the business.
This role runs our entire workshop operations and is responsible for managing all fabrication operations for the workshop and working with our Project Managers to deliver requirements to our clients.
Main responsibilities include:
- Management and responsibility for the delivery of all workshop activities, including production and productivity, job profitability, occupational health and safety, quality and operational performance
- Measure, monitor, and manage all workshop activities to ensure business deliverables are met
- Plan and schedule all workshop activities in conjunction with the Workshop Superintendent and Supervisors to optimize the use of the plant, equipment, facilities, and personnel
- Provide regular feedback and reporting (both informal and formal) to Senior Management on workshop performance and deliverables
- Plan manning levels and resources in accordance with job requirements to ensure production, productivity, and job profitability
- Develop, promote, and support workshop personnel, in order to deliver a strong working group (workforce and staff) who are appropriately trained and qualified to deliver the best outcomes
- Provide management and leadership to all workshop personnel in order to deliver required business outcomes
- In conjunction with Project and Senior Management, ensure that the activities of the workshop are co-ordinated so that contracts are completed within budget and within their agreed timeframe
- Ensure that rectification plans are put in place for areas that are underperforming, and ensure delivery of these plans
- Take ownership for OH&S requirements of the workshop and enforce all statutory, legal, and Company requirements in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the workforce.
- Ensure the proper use of workshop equipment and materials
- Oversee the maintenance of the transport fleet and all plant and equipment to ensure that its availability is maximised
- Manage the day to day operations of the Company’s construction/transport fleet operations
- Ensure that the quality of all fabrication work carried out conforms to the client’s specifications and to the Company’s quality system
- Develop and implement cost-effective alternatives and improvements to manufacturing procedures and processes
- Demonstrated prior experience working as a Fabrication or Workshop Manager
- Either a Trade Qualification (Metal Trades) or Engineering Degree Qualification is preferred
- Prior exposure to Structural, Mechanical & Piping work within the resources sector
- The ability to work quickly, effectively and positively in a demanding environment
- The ability to effectively manage and motivate staff and workforce employees to deliver business outcomes
- A strong desire to take ownership and accountability for a leading steel fabrication workshop
The perfect candidate:
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who has had strong experience as either a workshop manager or project manager within the fabrication industry and is from either an Engineering background or heavy fabrication trade background.
Please contact Sasha Milnes (Recruitment Consultant) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0411 652 084 Please attach your current resume which includes at least 2 contactable referees. Sure People Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community. RIGHT PERSON | RIGHT JOB | RIGHT TIME