These positions have now been filled. Please feel free to apply if you wish to be considered for other similar positions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join WA's leading Refrigerated Distribution and Cold Storage companies in Forrestfield.
About the Role
Based at the Forrestfield depot, the role of Logistics Planner & Scheduler will be responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of daily inbound and outbound freight movements.
The position requires an experienced energetic individual who leads from the front, is "hands on" with strong communication skills. Someone who has successfully planned and allocated freight pick-up and delivery operations involving a fleet of both rigid and articulated vehicles, with a passion for safety and customer service.
The successful applicant will ensure outstanding customer service standards are achieved and operational targets are met in line with customer expectations.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed:
- Effectively create and execute the metropolitan fleet pick-up and delivery schedules, planning loads in accordance to customers' delivery needs
- Deliver reliable and consistent Delivery in Full on Time (DIFOT) performance
- Ensure drivers are aware of and comply with specific supplier requirements regarding freight
- Must have intimate knowledge of the Perth Metropolitan area and of Country locations
- Experience in planning multi-drop and pick-up for a large fleet of trucks
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to change quickly
- Remain positive whilst working under pressure & constantly deliver results
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you'll be in daily liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven planning, problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to work through issues with moderate complexity
- Medium to advanced MS Office skills (Excel & Word)
- Most importantly you are team player who works with all parties to ensure success
- ASAP start
- Full-time hours
- Forrestfield location
- Onsite Parking
- Weekly payroll
- On-going work with the opportunity to go full time
- Attractive Hourly Rate
If you believe you meet the above requirements and wish to be considered for the role, click on 'Apply for this Job' and submit your resume with at least two contactable referees.
Please note that successful applicants must be must be eligible to work in Australia full time, willing to undergo a pre-employment medical and able to provide a clean drug and alcohol screening result.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.