- Opportunity for full time employment
- Leading Engineering & Manufacturing firm
- Highly experienced forklift operator with 'ugly freight'
- True safety focus and desire to deliver on-time, every time.
- Leading Australian owned company
We proudly represent a leading industrial, enginering services firm, offering both the service and sales of Air Compressors and Power generators to a range of customers. With 9 branches across Australia and provide air and power solutions to customers all around the country.Location:
Based at the Welshpool Head Office where the team distributes a vast range of heavy equipment & parts across Australia through a variety of means including shipping, road & air transport.The Position:
In this role you will be required to have an in-depth knowledge of loading and unloading principles around a range of freight that varies in size, centre of gravity, shape, weight and lifting points. We have freight arriving from different parts of the world that is distributed from our Welshpool warehouse by air and road transport to our customers. You will have in-depth knowledge and experience around:
- Loading and unloading of ugly freight
- Weight constraints
- Experience and knowledge around tying down and securing ugly freight for the safe and efficient transport to our customers.
- The proven ability to unload ugly freight in a safe and efficient manner from a range of trucks, trays and shipping containers.
- Picking, packing, goods receiving, put away and dispatching with 100% accuracy
- Performing cyclic stocktake and variation investigations
This is a medium-sized, non-automated (i.e non-barcoded) warehouse, working with a range of industrial products.You will have (Selection criteria):
The following licences will be desired, but not essential:
- impeccable safety record and the proven ability reinforce our Safety First culture in all aspects of the warehousing operation.
- forklift licence
- 5+ years' experience working within a warehousing environment
- 5+ years' experience loading and unloading ugly freight.
- an excellent understanding of Risk Assessments and safe work methodology
- you will be trained in Chain of Responsibility
- picking, packing and dispatching experience
- experience receiving freight from customers
- Computer literacy
- Good communication, teamwork and coordination skills
- Drivers licence
- Overhead crane operators licence
- Truck licence
- White Card
- Current C Drivers licence
- CN ticket (Well-received, not a must)
Note: Successful candidates will undergo a pre-employment medical.
if you have the above, skills & experience, are a self-starter, friendly personable & are looking to earn the right to a full-time position with a high standing Engineering firm, we encourage you to apply