- Permanent Role
- Excellent Work Environment
- Attractive Salary
Our client is one of the world's leading medical technology companies, offering innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical equipment and Neurotechnology and Spine.Position Title: 2IC Kit Assembler
The purpose of this role is to manage day to day demands in the Kit room this includes the inbound check-in process of loan kits, the outbound dispatch process to meet customer needs, courier activity and company key performance indicators. The role will also be responsible for the on boarding, training and assessment of employee capability. The 2IC will be required to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders as well developing sound processes to ensure business needs are met and exceeded. The 2IC will also be required to support the Operations Lead with resource planning, root cause analysis and budget control.
Key Areas of Accountability :
- Managing kit assemblers in both outbound and inbound whilst and across Kitroom Shifts
- Perform assembly duties in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Check kit returns and ensure they are intact and not contaminated. Take steps to ensure kits are sterile and cleaned in accordance with published work and safety processes and procedures
- Proactively work with the Scheduling team to ensure customer orders are dispatched in order of priority and as per work instructions while achieving service metrics.
- Assist in the recruitment, induction, training and ongoing performance of kit assemblers.
- Perform root cause analysis for errors, CAPAs and Non Conformances in accordance with PMO documentation.
- Carry out Quality Assurance checks on all instruments.
- Assist the Kit Scheduler on stock control and order stock as instructed, including replacement for damaged or out of date stock.
- Ensure work areas are kept tidy and clean in accordance with WHS standards.
- Liaise with customer service personnel on assemblies and dispatch as required.
- Responsibility for inbound and outbound daily metrics and integrity summary reporting for overdue bookings.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders to meet and exceed business needs.
- Planning, developing and executing improved kit room processes.
- Managing the kit room budget, ie Freight and overtime spend.
- Provide leave coverage for Operations Leads across SSP (when available).
- Support the Operations Lead and 2IC Outbound with dispatch functions of the Kit Room as required as per the standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to achieve key performance indicators.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Ability to collaborate and implement processes.
- Ability to work autonomously with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills to operate JDE system and complete basic computer operations.
- Knowledge of warehouse workings and safe working practices.
- Awareness of quality management.
- Strong communications skills to deal with staff, internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of the medical devices industry would be an advantage
- Previous experience working in a warehouse in a technology related industry an advantage
- Experience in supervising a team of professionals and operating effectively as part of a team with accountability for business results.
- On-call duty will be required as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
- Interstate and Overseas Kit Room support as required.