We are seeking candidates with qualifications in mining engineering & 5-10 years post graduate experience. Previous plant engineering experience in gold processing required.
Our client is mineral exploration company with gold tailings project in the Northern Territory. The company is in need of a casual consultant mining engineer from time to time.
The Company is seeking applications from suitably experienced candidates with 5-10 years’ experience. The intermittent nature of this role & the work would make it suitable to those candidates looking for a bit or extra work or those who have their own businesses. The nature of the role may mean you are able to do some of the work from home.
The company is currently planning/developing a semi-modular gravity gold on its prospective tailings project. Our client requires a suitably experienced mining/plant/flow engineer at the front end of the planning process.
The Role/Key Accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain fit for purpose planning systems
- Develop production mine plans and schedules
- Develop Plant Plans and budgets
- Assist in estimating costs and economic evaluations
- Analyse cost and production performance
- Assist with strategic planning to achieve corporate objectives
- Generate production schedules in conjunction with the process plant requirements
- Review operational plans and design changes
- Produce high quality reports and presentations to support planning outcomes
- Designing and conducting plant test work
- Providing consultancy and advice on mining and mineral extraction projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualifications in mining engineering
- 5-10 years post graduate experience
- Advanced skills in Surpac, Vulcan or DataMine
- Strong planning and analytical skills coupled with solid exposure in Surpac and MineSched
- Additional exposure to MineMax would be an advantage
- Previous plant engineering experience
- Flexibility to travel between WA & the NT
- The ability to think outside the box
- Practical “hands on” approach
- Outstanding communication skills & the ability to communicate to different levels
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with a strong work ethic
Preference will be given to those candidates who have worked in a similar role for at least 5 plus years.
Please ensure your resume is in MS Word format. Note:
Due to the nature of these vacancies only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.