Project Manager- Defence
We proudly represent a leading Australian owned multi-faceted Engineering services provider, servicing various sectors within manufacturing and maintenance to the mining, power generation, oil and gas and recently Australian defence sector.
On our client’s behalf we seek an energetic, results driven Project Manager to join their newly established Defence Engineering Division.This role will include but not limited to supporting current and future projects. Your duties will include:
- Manage the tender process from EOI to submission, both technically and commercially.
- Manage project schedules.
- Develop project control processes.
- Manage project deliverables.
- Client interface and management.
- Monitoring monthly project status.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee activities for manufacturing through clients Defence Capability Lifecycle.
Ideally, our client is seeking Project Managers who have experience within the Defence sector, though Mining, Engineering and Oil and Gas experienced candidates will be well received, particularly those who understand or come from engineering or trades background (machining, fitting and fabrication) or engineering or trades experience within the Defence sector especially RAN (Royal Australian Navy).Essential skills include:
- Understanding of risk management.
- Solid scheduling skills.
- Time management skills.
- Proven commitment to HSE and QA.
- Ability to work unsupervised and function well within a team environment.
- Experience working in a high performing project team.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle- specifically within the manufacturing sector.
- Experience in building trusted and valued relationships with project team members, customers and partners.
- Hold or can obtain an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above)
- Proven track record in contract negotiation.
- Ability to review tender documentation, both technically and commercially, is essential.
Successful applicants will undergo and pass
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- Work with a growing business that takes care of its employees.
- Be part of a great team of specialist engineering and tradespeople.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Opportunity to lead and manage diverse and interesting Defence Engineering projects
- Excellent incentives and conditions.
- Pre-employment DAS and fitness for work medical.
- Police clearance.
Please apply in word format and attach all relevant documents, qualifications and certifications to the resume. Note: as part of your application your resume must demonstrate 5 consecutive years of employment history with relevant referees.Sure People Solutions and its client, are Equal Opportunity Employers hence, encourage all suitable, job-ready applicants to apply.
Sure People Solutions, proudly represent a number of leading innovative resources services firms and is considered a leader in innovative practices for specialist industries. By applying for this job you give consent for Sure People Solutions to contact you, via email and telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and services.We look forward to reviewing your application.