Our client is a highly regarded private company and a recognised leader in the Australian steel fabrication and construction industry. They provide steel design, fabrication and construction services to the construction, mining, oil and gas sectors Australia wide. Supported by our Naval Base workshop facilities and large plant fleet our services include full design, engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning.POSITION
As an Area Superintendent you will be responsible for the co-ordination of site activities within their assigned areas and will report directly to the Construction Manager.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with the clients OHSE rules, regulations and procedures and work safely at all times.
- Undertake risk assessments by identifying hazards, assessing and controlling risks in accordance with established requirements.
- Ensure the proper use of equipment and materials to avoid potential hazards.
- Report, record and manage all accident/incidents according to established procedures.
- Responsible for maximum utilisation of manpower, material and equipment provided for construction purposes such that all allocated construction activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensure that the quality of all construction work carried out conforms with the company quality system and the client specifications.
- Ensure that the allocated activities comply with:-
- Department of Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Mines Department Safety Regulations.
- Any specific client safety regulations not covered by the above.
- Company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure the Construction Manager is kept fully aware of the exact status of allocated activities.
- To actively enhance the company's image on all client site.
- Trade Qualifications
- Significant construction site experience on Major Projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver construction activities to established schedule.
- Understanding of employee relations requirements on construction site.
- Sound management and interpersonal skills.
- Very competitive salary package
- Great roster
- Great working environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position than please apply.