Our client is a highly regarded private company and a recognised leader in the Australian steel fabrication and construction industry. They provide steel design, fabrication and construction services to the construction, mining, oil and gas sectors Australia wide. Supported by our Naval Base workshop facilities and large plant fleet our services include full design, engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning.POSITION
As the construction manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of all construction site activities and will report directly to the Project Manager of the site.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and maintenance of a safe work environment that meets the statutory and client requirements.
- Ensure all work conducted is undertaken in compliance with established Quality, Safety and environmental management systems, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining best practice consistent with established Quality (ISO 9001:2008), Safety (ISO 14001:2004), Environmental accreditation (AS 4801:2001 & AS 18001:1998); WA Heavy Vehicle Accreditation and Dangerous Goods Licences as required.
- Enact continuous improvement in all aspects of the clients operation.
- Responsible for the maximum utilisation of manpower, material and equipment provided for construction purposes such that all construction projects are completed and within budget.
- Ensure that the quality of all construction work carried out conforms with the company quality system and the client specifications.
- Ensure that the company's activities on all construction sites comply with:-
- Department of Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Mine Department safety regulations.
- Any specific client safety requirements not covered by the above.
- Company safety policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance of open communication between construction sites and the main office to ensure that the Project Manager is fully aware of the exact status of each and every project.
- To ensure the maximisation of additional works on each site contract during the construction phase.
- To actively enhance the company's image o all client sites.
- To Actively pursue future work on clients sites.
- Trade or Engineering Qualifications
- Significant construction site experience on Major Projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver construction on time and within budget.
- Sound understanding of employee relations requirements on construction site.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
For the right candidate you will receive:
- Very competitive salary package
- Great roster
- Great working environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position than please apply.