Our client is a highly regarded private company and a recognised leader in the Australian steel fabrication and construction industry. They provide steel design, fabrication and construction services to the construction, mining, oil and gas sectors Australia wide. Supported by our Naval Base workshop facilities and large plant fleet our services include full design, engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning.POSITION
As the HSE Advisor you are to manage all HSE activities and to ensure the full implementation of Company's Safety Policy and Site Safety Management Plans and will report directly to the Project Support Manager.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and maintenance of a safe work environment that meets statutory and client requirements.
- Ensure all work conducted is undertaken in compliance with established Quality, Safety and Environmental management systems, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining best practice consistent with established Quality (ISO 9001:2008), Safety (ISO 14001:2004), Environmental accreditation (AS 4801:2001 & AS 18001:1998), WA Heavy Vehicle Accreditation and Dangerous Goods Licences as required.
- Enact continuous improvement in all aspects of the clients operations.
- Advise the client Management on the content and implementation of OHSE procedures.
- Ensure company and site specific inductions for all site personnel are carried out.
- Administer the development and delivery of safety skills training.
- Assist supervisors and work crew with job safety analysis work sheets ensuring their effectiveness and that all conditions are complied with.
- Ensure and document that workplace inspections are conducted by supervisors/safety representatives and initiate remedial actions.
- Participate in investigations; prepare accident/incident reports and any additional investigation reports.
- Ensure the hazard reporting system has been implemented effectively by documentation of the elimination or control of workplace hazards.
- Monitor the supply and correct maintenance of PPE.
- Conduct OHS audits with the construction manager and/or supervisors to ensure that safety systems and procedures are being complied with.
- Attend and participate in project health and safety meetings.
- Liaise with the clients personnel on safety matters.
- Advise and assist management on promotion of safety programs.
- Monitor injured employees to ensure that appropriate injury management procedures are being followed.
- Suspend production pending the resolution of non-conformance's and reported hazards.
- Cert IV in Occupational Health & Safety
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- Preferably experience in the metal trades and/or construction industry
- A minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of OH&S management, preferably site based
- Able to use a team approach to ensure all key performance targets are met
- Sound reporting experience and intermediate levels of computer literacy
- Competitive salary package
- Great roster
- Great working environment
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position than please apply.