Under minimal supervision, fabricates, assembles, reworks, and repairs plastic products, applying knowledge of working characteristics of plastics and bonding techniques, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
Knowledge in most thermoplastics including PE, PP, PVDF, ECTFE and PVC is also essential. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(include the following, however, other duties may apply).
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders, and related documentation to determine methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish specifications.
- Lays out cutting lines on plastic materials, such as pipe and sheet stock, following template pattern, blueprints, sketches, or sample part, using measuring and marking instruments.
- Cuts material to size, using panel saw, band saw, jig saw and CNC router.
- Properly and safely loads and unloads sheets of raw materials on to Machines.
- Trims, drills, reams, countersinks, grinds, and finishes parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions of parts, using measuring equipment, such as steel rules, tape measures, spirit level, set / combination square and Vernier callipers.
- Fits and assembles parts and attaches hardware and fittings, such as brackets and hinges, using clamps, jigs, fixtures, power tools, and fasteners.
- Speed tip welding, free hand welding, extrusion welding, sheet and pipe butt welding.
- May heat parts or materials to facilitate shaping, using oven or heat gun.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks as required.
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
Please keep mind our client is NOT looking for Pipe Welders or Poly Welders. If you have the experience the client is looking for than please apply.