- Have extensive Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) experience/knowledge?
- Looking for local ongoing work?
- Have workshop experience?
Our client is a highly regarded private company and a recognised leader in the Australian steel fabrication and construction industry. We are now currently seeking qualified Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) Workshop Supervisors for their workshop based in Naval Base.
Reporting to the Workshop Superintendent, the Welding Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of all employees engaged in welding activities. They will also be responsible for monitoring the quality and suitability of welding work against the standard required for the projects.
- Comply with OSHE rules, regulations & procedures and work safely at all times
- Undertake risk assessments by identifying hazards, assessing and controlling risks in accordance with established requirements
- Ensure the proper use of equipment and materials to avoid potential hazards.
- Report, record and manage all accidents/incidents according to established procedures
- Supervises and coordinates all welding activities.
- Prioritises work orders and drawings in order to meet production timeframes.
- Requisitions welding supplies as required.
- Inspects work and/or confers with the QC/Welding Inspector to maintain specified standards and quality.
- Arranges third party subcontract inspection and testing as required
- Responsible for training employees in the operation of equipment.
- May set up machines or make trial welds to make test runs and verify new weld procedures.
- May supervise the fitting and trial assembly of welded structural frames.
- Monitors adherence to all OH&S policies and procedures. Supports the company’s “zero harm” safety philosophy.
- To assist in the development of workshop safety procedures as and when required.
- In consultation with the Quality Manager or Workshop Superintendent, this position is authorised to suspend production pending the resolution of technical queries or non-conformances.
- This position has the authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformances.
- Trade qualification
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Welding Qualifications (CSWIP or Cert 10 highly regarded)
- Extensive experience and knowledge of submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Workshop experience
- Flexible working hours (working afternoon shifts may be required from time to time)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise workloads and be well organised
- Monday – Saturday (56 hours per week)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Great workshop based in Naval Base
- Immediate start
If you believe you have the required experience for the above-listed role, then please to apply via the apply link.
Note: Sure People Solutions PTY LTD is an equal opportunity employer, and encourage people of all backgrounds and cultures to apply.
Please ensure your resume is submitted in word format, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Sure People Solutions are a leader in innovative practices for specialist industries. By applying for this job you give consent for Sure People Solutions to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and services.
All SPS staff undergo fitness for work & pre-start random drug assessment
We thank you for your time & look forward to reviewing your application.