Covid 19 Wa Health Department Restrictions
June 27th, 2021
The Health Minister, Roger Cook held a press conference where he provided the following update on Western Australia’s response to the unfolding COVID-19 situation:
- Perth and Peel regions will be moving to Phase 1 restrictions immediately.
Western Australia has recorded one new case of COVID-19 in the community overnight in relation to NSW travel.
As a result, and until public health can confirm if the virus has spread, restrictions will come into effect immediately for the Perth-Peel region for a minimum period of three days.
These restrictions include:
- Mandatory mask wearing indoors, on public transport, and outdoors where physical distancing is not possible, primary school aged children and those who are exempt are not required to wear masks;
- Public events that cannot be restricted to 150 people will be cancelled or played without spectators today – including the Chicken and Beer Festival and AFL West Coast Eagles vs Western Bulldogs match at Optus Stadium. The match will proceed, but without spectators.
- 30-person limit in all homes for private gatherings;
- Hospitality, entertainment venues (including casino and nightclubs), retail, beauty/hairdressers, recreation centres (including gyms, pilates, yoga, dance and swimming pools) and places of worship can remain open, but must comply with the 2 square metre rule, with a maximum of 150 patrons.
- Community sport is permitted.
- Wedding and funerals can also proceed but will be limited to a maximum of 150 attendees.
- Hospitals will have a maximum of four personal visitors permitted per patient per day – masks will be mandatory for staff and visitors.
- Anyone who enters a regional area from the Perth-Peel region is required to wear a mask as per requirements in Perth-Peel, and travel should be minimised. Travel to remote Aboriginal Communities will be restricted.
When attending our office please ensure you.
Do not have any flu like symptoms if so do not attend.
If you are not experiencing flu like symptom & need to attend our office please ensure you wear a mask & login & sign in.
FOR FUTHER INFORMATION PLEASE GO TO https://www.wa.gov.au/government/document-collections/covid-19-coronavirus-state-of-emergency-declarations
Together lets ensure the safety of all people with our community.
Regards Sure People Solutions